Now hiring: Care Ring Executive Director
Care Ring is seeking a passionate, strategic Executive Director who will advance the nonprofit’s vision of a community that promotes, protects and improves the health and wellbeing of all people.
For more than 65 years, Care Ring, located in Charlotte, North Carolina, has been helping people with limited resources in Mecklenburg County establish and maintain good health. With a long history of embracing growth and change, the nonprofit has remained at the helm of filling gaps in the health care system. As the healthcare industry continues to evolve, the next Executive Director will play a leading, collaborative role in advancing the organization’s mission, carrying out the vision set forth by the board in its recent strategic plan and expanding its impact across the community.
Care Ring serves more than 7,000 people each year and is a leader in providing access to affordable, high-quality care. The work of Care Ring and all of its employees is rooted in its core values of Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration and Empowerment.
The ideal candidate will have:
Demonstrated ability leading initiatives around health equity, population health and the challenges that can prevent patients from accessing resources.
A passion for community health that translates to advocacy for patient access to resources and high-quality healthcare, health equity and integrated community health systems.
The aptitude to influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to assist Care Ring in developing and guiding community health initiatives.
The ability to adapt quickly to changing health care market conditions.
Demonstrated cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts for key donors and prospects including individuals, corporation, foundations, the faith community and civic groups to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
Oversight of fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
The sophisticated leadership approach to effectively provide the administration of the overall operation of the agency, including:
reviewing and evaluating the results of program activities, ensuring that continuing contractual obligations are being fulfilled;
oversight of financial management of the Agency, including the development and implementation of the annual budget, assisting in forecasting and monitoring the budget against expenses and revenue;
allocating resources for greater program effectiveness and efficiency;
oversight of human resources, including people management skills to develop and retain a diverse, highly qualified team of leaders and staff.
The demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all platforms with healthcare executives, fundraisers, elected officials, board members, staff, volunteers, the media, and other stakeholders.
Oversight and delivery of health care services through Care Ring’s program offerings and advancement of the strategic objectives of each:
Low-Cost Clinic – an onsite primary care clinic providing preventative care, sick care and chronic disease management
Nurse-Family Partnership – a nurse home visitation program to support low-income mothers from pregnancy to the child’s second birthday
Physicians Reach Out – a coordinated network of doctors who donate primary and specialty care to the uninsured
· Bachelor’s degree required. Healthcare, Public Heath or Human Services preferred. Master’s in Healthcare Administration, MBA or equivalent a plus.
· Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in Population Health, Healthcare Management or related field with demonstrated levels of increased responsibility, at least five (5) of which have been in a supervisory capacity with financial oversight.
· Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms in order to communicate Care Ring’s vision and impact to internal and external partners.
· Knowledge of the principles and techniques of research grant administration, fundraising, contract administration and negotiation, community organization, fiscal and organizational management, principles and practices of marketing and public relations.
· Must be well informed about local, state, and national issues that affect healthcare services.
· Previous demonstrated knowledge of healthcare administration and clinical operations.
· Previous Executive Director experience in a non-profit environment a plus.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities important to the role:
· Sensitivity and ability to appreciate and respect the points of view of community healthcare organizations, board members, other agencies/organizations including a keen awareness of their needs and how to build collaborative partnerships.
· Ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities; negotiate and administer contracts; work with local healthcare organization, commercial vendors, government agencies, community groups and other organizations as necessary.
· Ability to build long-lasting relationships with stakeholders and community partners with honesty and integrity.
Care Ring offers exceptional benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, 401(k) with a match and generous paid time off.
No calls, emails, or visits please. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To express interest, please formally apply with a cover letter containing your salary requirements and your resume using the following link:
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Application deadline: December 18, 2020.
The Agency's policy is to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 are entitled to reasonable accommodations in Care Ring’s application and selection processes. A request for an accommodation will not affect your opportunities for employment with Care Ring.